danesmoor 15 /19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Need your help with boiler lock out It runs a bit then locks out,but just as it shuts down there is clicking in the control box ,some times it restarts on it own ,surges abit then stops on lock out

any advise would be helpful

thanks

Sponsored Links
Seriously this could be a number of things, depending on when the boiler was last serviced and adjusted but you can check to see if the photoelectric cell is clean and secure in its holder.
John :)

Get someone out to it.
Suggest change nozzle and check pressures and flue gases
before anything else.

Fuel starvation!! check that there is plenty of oil in the tank, cheack that all valves are FULLY open, check the fire valve (if fitted) hasn't tripped, check all line filters are clean and not clogged if still no joy its time for a boiler engineer! ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

Just a up date on the lock out,checked coil on pump with an out side power source and a six inch nail,and to my suprise the coil held for a bit then let go after a few seconds, so i think i will try a new one a s a p i'll let you know how i get on .

cheers

Hi guys

A FINAL UPDATE ON MY BOILER TROUBLES.

Fitted a new coil today and everything is going great ,so thanks to everyone who helped.

You are never to old to learn new things are you ? L.o.L

Stopped holding breath now .

cheers from the beerdoctor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back