Danfoss 10mm adaptor on trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I just bought some danfoss trvs (from screwfix actually) because the ones on my rads are starting to stick and I don't think they particularly good ones in the first place. I was told danfoss was a good make and they happen to supply 10mm adaptors with them which is good as my system has 10mm pipe supplying the rads.

My question is the adaptors have a 10 mm opening which gradually narrows. I can see where they fit into the tail of the trv and the nut screws over then onto the tail but how can this make a watertight fit? Its not like an olive which is compressed by the nut to make the seal, or am I not seeing something here?

Sponsored Links
I always put some jet blue on the inner and outer part of the adapter. As you tighten it you will hear a horrible 'crack', don't worry just keep tightening.

The part you are talking about is just a reducing piece that does the same job as an olive- just tighten it up the same- after half a turn or so with the wrench you will feel it 'give way'. Just tighten it further so it's nice and snug.
It's 10mm all the way through by the way-the hole in the middle doesn't taper as you suggest. It wouldn't go on the pipe if it did.

thanks for your help - so I should get some jet blue to help seal it? I already have some fernox leak seal in the house - will that do the same job or is jet blue better?

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying jet blue is a must, just what I always use. It will be expensive to buy a tub just for a few valves. Maybe a reel of ptfe tape would be better in your situation ;)

i dont put anything on adaptor olives and have never had one fail yet.

i wouldnt bother buying anything simply for a few valves. the only reason it might fail is if you have a kinked or damaged pipe. if its straight then you wont need anything.

dave only puts blue on cos he's stuck in his ways......nowt wrong with that mind :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back