Danfoss Actuator Help P\N 5933??? Doesn't Exist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a problem with our central heating.The radiators keep coming on everytime the hot water is set to come on.A friend has advised us that its our Actuator which has shot it.We've been trying to find a replacement on the danfoss website but we can't find any info all we've found on the actuator is P\N 5933. It looks exactly like the model Danfoss HSA3 can anybody help??

Sponsored Links
its more likely the brass valve at fault not the actuator.
the paddle in the bottom is likely to be cruded up or faulty allowing water to pass when hw only on.

So would that mean replacing just the valve? or would we need the actuator & valve thanks for the help :D

useally just the valve.
remove the actuator and turn the spindle you may find it is seizing up/very stiff.
when the hw only is called for the valve closes the heating port by spring only.

Sponsored Links
This is going to sounds noooobish but do i have to turn anything off to take the actuator off??? its just i don't want to take it off and water starts going everywhere :LOL:

just removed the acuator and as i was taking the last screw out it turn anti clockwise?.I took the actuator off and tried to turn the valve it was a little stiff but it did turn any ideas?

If the spindle on the brass valve body turns freely, the problem is more likely to be either the actuator, or one of the other controls, ie thermostats or programmer.

Test it by selecting DHW only, CH only, and then both.

Ref also FAQS

well we can't even turn the brass valve by hand so i take it thats the problem :eek:

Replace body and head. You will probably struggle to find anyone who stocks just the body.

Danfoss are fairly cheap anyway, luckily.

Just got one off eBay for £20 pipe and actuator brand new so happy :)

Now on to fixing the shower if I can find the model expect another post Tomos lol

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back