Danfoss central heating programmer LCD display out...Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

It just had to happen during a cold spell on a Saturday night....just my luck!

Went to turn off the heating and hot water via the Danfoss Randell CP715 Si programmer in my house and found the LCD display not visible at all. Pressed the usual buttons to turn off, with no response. Now the heating and water are permanently on (the red lights on the programmer are constant), so I have had to turn the thermostat right down to turn the heating off.

The programmer was fitted about three and a half years ago. Me thinks that this programmer needs replacing? Is this the case or is there anything I can do?

Also, to avoid excess call out charges, will it be OK to just control the heating via the thermostat until Monday (next working day)? Obviously, the hot water cannot be turned off via the thermostat.

We have boiler insurance, but only on the boiler, not the electrics.. :mad:

Any input from anyone would be welcome....thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Try reset, drop the flap down an there's a recessed button marked r/s press with a pen, but I would leave it til Monday as at least it's working at the mo!

Does this model run on an internal battery?

If you have lost the instructions, download them from the manufacturer.

Edit
You say it is the SI version. This is designed to stop working at S ervice I ntervals yo force you to have the boiler serviced.

Thanks for your swift replies and advice all.

Yes, in a way I am fortunate that the it has stopped working while the system was turned on. I was able to just turn up the thermostat this morning to turn the boiler/rads back on. I dare not attempt to press the reset button, just in case I can't get the heating to turn on again.

Interesting comment about the Si model designed to stop working when a service is required. This is currently the case. Will get it service next week.

Sponsored Links
On my 5th Danfoss controller, not too reliable, last one replaced by Danfoss after sending a holding cheque for £35 , once confirmed it's faulty cheque returned.They are very simple to fit loosen screws below and unclip fascia, clip on new and tighten screws.If you remove the current, the date on reverse will tell you if it can be changed under warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back