Danfoss FP715 SI timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
I have (did) a DanfossFP15 which the boiler engineer has just blown up!!!
He decided to remove it from the wall with the electricity still on!!! After looking @ the wiring and the box he said everything looked fine - no blackening to points etc - then pushed it back onto the connectors and BANG. Tripped the main box, blew my alarm - he @ least got some1 round to sort the alarm. Even I know you isolate power supply first DOH

Anyway could you tell me if the replacement model is now FP715 SI?
It looks the same and all the functions are the same. I was quoted £67 + VAT for a new one but can purchase it new and delivered for £40

All replies and comments greatfully received
Keesh

Sponsored Links
Yes that is the current replacement model. £40 is a very good price.

Thanks Dave
I thought it was a great price thats why Im gonna bite the guys hand off

Will it be okey to fit it myself as I am not actually touching any of the gas? I dont want that idiot here again.
I still need the boiler serviced as it is not working in the daytime just between 11.30pm and 8.30am but I will request another engineer, he only looked about 25!!!!
Cheers
Lorraine

Yes, just turn the power off first (the opposite to him :eek: )

Remove old programmer and gently offer up new one with the top part being inserted first at approx 45d then lower down and fix in place with the 2 small retaining screws underneath.

You will find the operating instructions have changed slightly with the new one and you won't have to change the hour twice a year anymore ;)

Sponsored Links
Ive had it off before - the unit Im talking about haha :LOL:
I isolated the power and didnt have any trouble.

Maybe there was a fault on the unit and if there wasn't there sure is now...
Will never know the truth now...
Cheers for that Dave

ooohhh er missus Im well old enuff to remember ...

While your on Dave, what combi boiler would you recommend for a 3 bed semi? I have Glowworm Economy Plus 40B @ the mo
I am the one who is having trouble with boiler not firing in day.Will only work between the hours of 11pm and 8am. I even changed the timer to kid it into thinking it was evening but no joy timed or manually.
With a new timer on its way and a service planned maybe that will help?

Thanks for your time :)

Anyway could you tell me if the replacement model is now FP715 SI?
The FP715 SI has a Service Interval feature, specially for Rental Properties, where a landlord must have the boiler checked every year.

New ones are supplied with the Service Interval feature disabled. Just be careful if you buy second-hand.

thanks for that.
I dont have a rental property so do not need the SI feature but have been offered a new one at a very good price. I just wanted to make sure that this was the replacement for the old FP15 which is what I currently have

While your on Dave, what combi boiler would you recommend for a 3 bed semi?

I'm still at present fitting the Vaillant Ecotec 800 range as the main stream boiler, but offering the ATAG for someone who wants 'simply the best'.

You will find the 831 hard to beat as a very good general all rounder. Look around for an approved installer who can offer a 3-5 year warranty on them as well.

Last question - honest :LOL:

I said combi but should I be getting a condenser boiler?
There are just too many choices and decisions to make :confused:
Even Which? don't have your ATAG on their list.

Thanks again ;)

Lorraine

I used to be indecisive but but Im not so sure now

it pretty mich has to be a cndensing boiler. but dony fear they are much improved on yhe trisave era boilers :LOL:

Like many, you are getting confused by boiler terminology.

A combi heats the water instantly as the hot tap is turned on.

The standard heat only boiler is what you have now and heats the hot water indirectly via the hot water cylinder.

The standard boiler can be open vent (small tank in the loft) or a sealed system boiler (like a combi)

Whatever you choose will today be a condensing boiler.

if you fit an SI model you will prob need a reset code, (not sure if this model comes set for SI or you have to set it) vokera internal SI clocks need to be activated some are activated so you will need to find out, if it is activated it will work fine but at a predetermined time in nearly 12 months the clock will start to flash to indicate a service is due, if an engineer doesn't use the reset code, depending on model the boiler may shut down all together leaving you no heating

My question is why would the programmer be destroyed like this if the circuit was fused correctly with 2 amp fuse. Me thinks the breaker is rated greater than safe 2amps.

Often a 13amp fuse provides the no protection if you know what I mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back