Danfoss TRV refusing to come off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys: can anyone help? I've got a cold radiator which I'm pretty sure is full of gunge, but before I take it off to flush it through I want to check the TRV isn't sticking.

It's got a Danfoss TRV ...

… and I just can't get it off. I see a similar issue was discussed at //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/danfoss-trv-sticking.299876/#2187515 and I've tried the suggestions there but no luck. If I grip the part of the black plastic nearest the radiator and it turn anti-clockwise (looking towards the radiator) I can hear the mechanism click, but no matter how hard I pull it won't come off. I've pulled so hard I'm in danger of pulling the radiator off the wall!

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chantelle - that's the helpful advice I've been looking for.

doitall: it seems to be resistant - managed to get the TRVs off other rads, just wondered if there was trick-of-the-trade to persuade it off.

There's a tiny tab on the bit you twist off. Break it with a screwdriver and then twist off as per.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gas2Air - that's got it off no probs. Looking at the other TRVs in the house it looks like they've been off previously, so no tabs on those. Didn't want to force this one, hence the query.

Really helpful. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back