Dead as a dodo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was using my netbook the other day, when all of a sudden the screen went blank and everything disappeared. :cry:

Now I can't get it to work at all. If I turn it on, the power light shows up, but that is it, no log in screen, and no sound at all. :rolleyes:

Anyone any idea what may have gone wrong. If so, is it repairable or more to the point is it worth repairing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Annemari

Sponsored Links
Does the charger work? Have you tried to disconnect the battery? Don't contradict what you already wrote!

Normally the net book works on Wire Free.

If I remove the battery from the netbook itself, the power light goes out. When I replace it, and flick the power switch, the power light comes, on but nothing more.

Other laptops are fine that are in the same position as the netbook so I know it is not the Wire free system itself.

Any ideas Mickey.

A lot of netbooks don't have a hard drive nowadays. They keep the operating system stored in solid state memory (usually a ROM chip. It could be that your netbook's ROM chip has stopped working or has become corrupt.

Sponsored Links
No, they don't use ROMs. They use SSDs. There's a difference about the size of the Great Wall of China.

The main ROM in the system is an EPROM, that displays a BIOS screen, and this isn't happening..That is Erasable, Reprogrammable. And that hasn't been done. I did once and killed my computer, but still had a screen, that mocked me 'You idiot!'

So it is a power issue. So the battery is shorted, I asked the OP to try without a battery fitted but with the charger installed..no clear answer? The computer would work with no battery installed.

So the charger or connector is broken. Or the invertor in the machine, but that can't be determined, unless the charger is eliminated as a possible cause.

Sponsored Links
Back