Decked Over manhole - selling property!

Sponsored Links
I may have typed that a bit too quick and lazy at the same time. reading over it again and it could be a line from a blue movie!

I get called to many manholes that have decking over them, no big deal......out comes the cordless screwdriver.

Andy

You are not alone, I have also covered my manhole with paving slabs, and forgot to mark where it was, but i know roughly where it can be, so its only a matter of lifting about 6 slabs at the most and getting to it, no big deal, and in 20 years it has not been needed to be lifted up, when i sell my house, if I do, I don't care about any surveyor's damn report about it not being accessable as I will only sell my house to cash buyer, no mortgagee, further more houses sell here like hot cakes, I get leaflets asking me to sell my property as there are hundreds of waiting buyers.

A manhole is not needed when careful and resposible people like me live in properties who don't flush used condoms, my wives, or girlfriends don't flush sanitary pads down the pan, and before throwing old kitchen oils I emulsify it with lots of fairy liquid, this little fairy is very versatile, from sensing gas leaks to lubricating almost every imaginable thing you can think of, you can even make bubbles out of it! (Ideal for RGI's :evil:) , and use only proper toilet tissues. proper Andrex rolls is no cheap ****e! :LOL:

OP, you are just being paranoid! just hope that your house itself is build over a good solid ground that it doesn't sink into a massive sink hole, thats what you should be paranoid about! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I just love 'Bronco' toilet rolls. There's just something about them that feels good . :)

Regarding 'Fairy Liquid'-- it is very good for lubricating a 'flange '. :LOL:

Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz,good job you are selling it......taking advice off some of these is like turkeys taking advice for xmas :D :D :D

Talking of which; recently i wanted advice on tiling, if i should rip up the old or tile on top of the old tiles, PP advised leaving the old tiles down and tile on top, SO! that put my mind at ease, i ripped the old tiles up. Nothing personal PP, but if you told me the sky is blue i would need to have it validated by a completely neutral body... :LOL: :LOL:

Yep- Always tile on top of tiles .

One of my bathrooms has decreased in size over the last 25 years .
Got skirting boards 2' thick now . :LOL:

I though "fairy" was detrimental to rubber seals long term...

It is exceedingly good on the inside of skid lid vizors as an anti misting agent, no other washing liquid comes close.

However! As it is made by P&G i cant use it, there is nothing in our house made by P&G because we have three cats & three dogs & i am an animal lover....

Iamms do animal testing, they are part of P&G...

I though "fairy" was detrimental to rubber seals long term...

It is exceedingly good on the inside of skid lid vizors as an anti misting agent, no other washing liquid comes close.

However! As it is made by P&G i cant use it, there is nothing in our house made by P&G because we have three cats & three dogs & i am an animal lover....

Iamms do animal testing, they are part of P&G...

Rubber has its own longivity, or life span, its going to deteriorate with or without a fairy liquid, I laid new drainage in one of my houses, I used fairy liquid to push the 100mm PVC fittings, that was 10 years ago, so far no adverse effect on my drainage, and I am 60, what happens after I am gone, is someone else's problem, I had to replace them because the old ones made of clay had cracked in a few places, so if I had to go through the trouble of replacing my drains, why should someone else not have to go through the same ordeal! ha ha! (BTW, I bought and laid my own drains, paid from my own pocket and not claimed a penny from any insurance companies or anyone, as I do not believe in paying through my nose for a house insurance. I rather take a gamble and if my house catches fire then tough! ****e happens as they say, but i will not scumb to paying huge insurance charges! You won't get one anyway if you lived in a flood zone!

As for animals, yes I love them too, I have 11 cats, and they won't eat anything other than temptations! crazy buggers! Oh another thing I said about how careful you need to treat your drains, they have been handling all that cat waste quite well so far! i flush it down the pan rather than save it for the bin lads!

Guess what, Air is detrimental to steel and iron, so why do they keep making cars in steel? why do they keep using steel to make cars despite knowing that air reacts with iron, and in less than 10 years it can corrode a whole car if it was not painted well! :LOL: (The only thing that will be left of any car would be 4 rubber tyres! )

Sponsored Links
Back