Decking base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok my first post here's the problem I have cleared an area at the back of my garden and have the wood to make the frame with but i am unsure what I can lay the frame on.

I have levelled the soil and have been trawling round the internet and been bombarded with different ideas I dont really want to start putting down hardcore then sand and mixing mortar.

I have seen a couple of suggestions to lay some weed matting and cover with pea shingle and to put patio slabs level on top of this

Has any one else done this any help or advise will be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
build the frame and use support posts, concreted into teh ground at intervals to support it. we always wrap the frame in fabric, rather than laying it underneath. it stops weeds such as bind weed etc finding a way between the frame and the boards

....as has been described many, many times in this forum.

Putting the base on gravel is a big no-no. Don't know where the idea of mortar came from!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back