Decra roof sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope some one can give me a bit of info.

I was just about to refelt my garage roof when I was offered some used decra? metal tile effect roof sheets approx 14 ft long which I will have to cut down.

Can some one please tell me are they easy to cut and if so what is the best thing to use to cut them.

Also are they easy to fit & if so how.

Hope some one can help.

Cheers Jim

Sponsored Links
Hi, ive used this stuff a few times on one of those build for 60k houses.
it was very easy to fit and use, but we had all the tools to use it, there are special cutters and benders for this stuff, im not saying you cant use other tools just fore warning you.
The main thing is setting the battens out, you have to be spot on with your gauge, it makes life alot easyer.
Hope this helps
Dave

As leadman states,its best to have the right tools for bending etc and the guage is critical.The beauty about decra is that it is quick and relatively easy to fit....If you start from the ridge and work you way down to eaves you will find that you do not damage the sheets by standing on them.
To cut the sheet i normally use a small angle grinder with a thin metal cutting blade.
Check out the decra website and watch the videos as how best to fit it.

Thanks for the info :)

I will have a look on the decra website (not sure if they are decra but look the same)

I wont need to bend any just cut to size.

One more question though.

They are going to be going on to a garage roof that is timber covered with felt.

Will I still need to put battens on or can I fasten the sheets directly to the timber roof.

Cheers Jim

Sponsored Links
Will I still need to put battens on or can I fasten the sheets directly to the timber roof.

You will still need to put the battens on.The shape & design of the tile means that it is essential to have the battens because you need to fix into the top of the tile and also into the face of the lip.Once you have seen the video this will all become apparent.

14 Foot long!!

They are definitely not Decra then, Decra tiles are 1324mm x 410mm (Classic profile)

Hi

I was told they where decra but I am not sure if they are but they look the same.

If you look on decra site though they say they will actually make tile strips up to 22 metres long.

So who knows what they are as long as I can get them to fit correctly thats the main thing :)

You will still need to put the battens on.The shape & desing of the tile means that it is essential to have the battens because you need to fix into the top of the tile and also into the face of the lip.Once you have seen the video this will all become apparent.

Thanks for that Jaffa72 I now see what you mean Cheers :)

Hmmm, for our own interest, where on the Decra site does it say that, we've been fixing these tile for well over 20 years and never seen that they will produce them that long

Hmmm, for our own interest, where on the Decra site does it say that, we've been fixing these tile for well over 20 years and never seen that they will produce them that long

Hi I will have another look through their site to see if I can find it again for you. but I am sure I saw it there somewhere.
It was something I noticed at the bottom of one of the pages may be its to order by special request?

I will let you know if I find it again.

We've had 6ml custom made, but 22ml i doubt. How would you get them to site/on the roof :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back