Denso Tape

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use it because you cant reliably earth it and should a nail penetrate the capping and the line or neutral conductor then that is going to sit there at potential until something goes pear shaped!

Sponsored Links
and another thing, once it has an abrasive coat of sand and cement render rubbed all over it then that scratches the galv coating and it will rust.

There's no need to earth it as it's neither an exposed conductive part nor an extraneous conductive part.

I know there is no need to, but if there were a reliable way to earth it I would use it but as it is it presents a greater danger being there when unearthed for the reasons stated above.

Does anyone earth metal capping? :confused:
There's no need to earth it as it's neither an exposed conductive part nor an extraneous conductive part.

Quite correct... but try telling that to your average local authority, some of whom actually insist on it.

These are the same people who don't understand equipotential bonding and specify it everywhere yet don't include the exposed conductive parts, thereby introducing hazards that didn't otherwise exist. See my post on the subject.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back