Dentilled brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are building a 2 storey extension to a mid 1800's house, blockwork to be rendered. Approaching roof where we have to match existing dentilled brickwork - at this stage we are not planning on touching existing roof so can't really see the bones of it. mad as it sounds, we are living in the house we are extending and our builder who does the difficult stuff is busy til summer so we are wanting to get as much done as we can.

Extension is 100mm cavity between 100mm blocks, existing house is 9inch solid brick (rendered).

Can the dentilled work be done with normal bricks or is there special stuff we should be buying?

let me know if pics will help and I will take some when possible.

thanks - Sara

Sponsored Links
Dentil work is eye catching and (in your case) will be the only visible bit of masonry on show, so it needs to match existing as closely as possible.

Dentil courses are just normal bricks laid sideways. But I would suspect that you need to match any existing bricks in terms of guage ie depth

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back