Descaling Baxi 105e - VIDEO ADDED

The sort fault BG could rectify. Maybe you should call them? O s**t you cant :LOL:

Why do people blame the companies (not just BG) when its them that havent read the terms and conditions of the contract they have taken out.

Thanks but bg are useless, when I first called them out, they would not come out as the boiler was working, and gave me an appointment 3 weeks later.....then they try to charge me £400 + vat to change the dhw heat exchanger that took 20mins. Sorry but I DO blame bg for taking the ****.

Like I said if I could find someone to come out this week that is willing to fault find and repair without ripping me off it would be cool, best I can find so far is a nice chap that can come out Monday.

The thing is driving me nuts and anything I can do to help it now is worth checking......so I will check the pressure vess today.

It was banging all bloody night, sure I even had a dream about the bloody thing, lol

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
UPDATE PEOPLE....

Found an engineer to come out this morning, he has just been, he stripped the boiler down, and found the main heat exchanger is leaking from around one of the fins, and looks like it has been for some time, lots of green/brown stuff round it. I asked if he would check the PV for me too, and he said it is fine.

So new main heat exchanger is needed. Thank god the problem is found at long last.

He also recommended a Fernox TOTAL FILTER TF1

Anyone got any experience of this?

Well, sorted at long last. TF1 fitted, new Main HE fitted, all gas pressures checked, flue gasses checked, X200 added, and system running sweet as a nut.

Happy days, and 2 fingers up to BG :)

Thanks all for advice.

Sponsored Links
Well, sorted at long last. TF1 fitted, new Main HE fitted, all gas pressures checked, flue gasses checked, X200 added, and system running sweet as a nut.

Happy days, and 2 fingers up to BG :)

Thanks all for advice.

Glad the boilers finally been sorted wcavanagh.

BG is a large organisation and because of this finds it imposible to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
However, many top quality tradesmen work for BG, I guess you have to hope that you get sent a good un!
Bit like when you go to the doctors :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back