design to plumb in back boiler to existing pressrisd CH syst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK all you geniuses out there in 'Plumbing land". I have a very specific need> No not that one >
I have installed (1 yr ago) a 9 kw Sanyo all singing all dancing air to water pressurised electric Heat pump and internal double hot water tank and command unit.
What was supposed to be a 'green' responsible choice of boiler turns out to be the opposite. The electricity bill is killing/bankrupting me. Last year (the first year) £ 4,500 ! Imagine trying to save the planet with clean energy and getting that !
So, I have decided to integrate into the system a 12 kw. log fired back boiler.
What I would love some-one to help me with is a plan of the system I would need to employ in order to integrate the two systems.
Problem! I live in the Pyrenees and we often get power cuts in the winter. If the log fire is burning away and the circulation pump stops - bang.
Problem! How do I stop the pressurised system flooding the non pressurised system (back boiler - gravity fed header tank)>
Any help much appreciated.
I am even prepared to give a helper a long weekend holiday here in France for help with the installation ! Don't worry about the smell of garlic, we wear gas masks.
Thanks perhaps
Barry

Sponsored Links
Good luck getting someone to spend a couple of hours doing you a diagram.

Sponsored Links
Well, yes I visited the solid fuel link. that was very kind of you. I will study the content shortly, however I am still hoping some-one out there can just squiggle a few blue and red lines onto a piece of paper and most importantly tell me what pressure release valves I need and where and that lucky person get a free holiday in the South of France with free food, booze and sunshine - luck has got nothing to do with it !!

Good luck getting someone to spend a couple of hours doing you a diagram.

And France is supposed to have cheap electricity.

Heating Innovations have a pre-plumbed panel for your set up.

[Supposed to have !! Probably the worst run 'business' in the world after France Telecom - That really is the worst!
we have Solar panels on the roof and we have a contract with EDF to sell the juice back to the grid. A legal and fully binding, undwritten by the government contract.
It took us 2 YEARS TO GET PAID what they owed us. They just refused to answer letters or emails and in the end were actually lying to us.
Anyway, thankyou hugely for the tip I will now immediately go to Heating Innovations
Merci
Barry

quote="Norcon";p="2878843"]And France is supposed to have cheap electricity.

Heating Innovations have a pre-plumbed panel for your set up.[/quote]2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back