Deterring birds from bin bags !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a particular problem with seagulls ripping open our bin bags which we have to put outside our property - our local council does NOT deal with bin bags put in rubbish bins !

Does anyone have any idea how to deter the seagulls ? ... any proprietary sprays which would not affect our bin men ?? :(

Sponsored Links
a bloke down the road from me has/had problems with gull's around his chicken run, he's got a dead Gull hanging from a post (not nice to see) and I guess it works for him otherwise he wouldn't do it, some of the boats around here have a model Hawk on the foredeck of their boats to stop gull's pooing on them so maybe try that, here's a link
http://tinyurl.com/b7ludw

Sponsored Links
m2491.jpg

Many thanks for the responses - including the more homourous ones !

The acoustic deterrent highlighted by Tim West seems interesting but , in spending £199 , I wonder about the effectiveness of the kit ? The are , unfortunately, no cited customer feedback.

The cheapest method was that suggested by Richardp , but there does not appear to be any indication that the model falcon is sold with any installation aids.

Thanks once again ; I was pretty impressed with the speed and level of responses. `

................ and how do you know that Dragons Blood works in deterring seagulls ?

Personal experience...!

Oh, and if you like hot chilli, this is the dogs b*llocks!

Sponsored Links
Back