DeviTouch thermostat positioning - outside bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm trying to help my plumber out before the electrician tells us we've made a mistake.

I have a Devi touch thermostat/programmer for some electric underfloor. It's a fairly small (9sqm) bathroom with a wet room shower.

He's about to put the tiles down on the underfloor matting but wants to know where to put the programmer. Anywhere outside of Zone 0,1,2 is fine I think (it's IP21) but it says in the instructions "don't install in a wetroom, install in an adjacent room".

What I'd like to know is is it ok to put the programmer on the landing outside the bathroom? I had assumed the programmer has a thermostat in it (along with the one that goes in the floor) so I don't know how that's supposed to work. The hallway is pretty cold, I wouldn't want it roasting the bathroom to compensate.

If there is no thermostat then I guess it's fine, but then why not put it in the bathroom?

Appreciate any help,

Russ

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back