Diamond Core Drills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a decent set of diamond core drills (ie Make) have seen the Norton ones in srewfix any advice cheers

Sponsored Links
cant really go wrong with the norton ones - very trustworty :D - just make sure you still them in a drill which is capable ie one made for diamond core use - and NOT sds
screwfix is a touch expensive though - shop around (by the way - i thought that advertising wasnt allowed on this forum ???)

seaangler said:
cant really go wrong with the norton ones - very trustworty :D - just make sure you still them in a drill which is capable ie one made for diamond core use - and NOT sds
I'm curious - why not SDS?

seaangler said:
screwfix is a touch expensive though - shop around (by the way - i thought that advertising wasnt allowed on this forum ???)
Have you seen this: //www.diynot.com/advertise/ ?

two probs with sds really
they dont ahve a particulary torquey motor ( most of the power is in the hammer which of course you dont use with a diamond core)
other prob is that the clutch kicks in a bit late - i have seen a few broken arbors in my time - better that than a sprained wrist when a 5" core jams though

sds is ok up to 3" but over that you're pushing your luck

Sponsored Links
Good make Marcrist and I'd agree with the advice on drill sizes. I've used an 850watt industrial SDS on diamond cores up to 3in with success, but I've been put right by others on the bigger stuff. To drive 4in and 5in cores you need 1300 to 2000watts and a good clutch, so a bit beyond the range of an SDS, really. Makita do a reasonable diamond core drill at a good price - personally I'm still hiring for the rare times I need one.

Scrit

seaangler said:
two probs with sds really
they dont ahve a particulary torquey motor ( most of the power is in the hammer which of course you dont use with a diamond core)
other prob is that the clutch kicks in a bit late - i have seen a few broken arbors in my time - better that than a sprained wrist when a 5" core jams though

sds is ok up to 3" but over that you're pushing your luck
Good point, but I find my Metabo SDS is ok, clutch is a good`un

The best diamond drills on the market in my opinion are Nimbus diamond,Marcrist are good as are norton and turbolite were ok but as with most things you get what you pay for and Nimbus are the best.

I've got a set of bosch diamond core drills, they're great!

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back