Difference between Drayton MiTime & MiGenie Ranges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a conventional boiler, single circuit CH, and HW tank systems with a Drayton manual programmable controller which allows me to set on/off times independently for both the central heating and hot water circuits. There is a single room thermostat and a thermostat on the HW tank. I would like to replace the controller (and the single room thermostat) with wireless units that I can control from my phone.

In order to keep the rewiring of the controller to a minimum, I think that staying with Drayton kit is the way to go. The Drayton MiGenie Wish 2 pack seems like it will do what I want. Is this correct or is there a better solution?

However, I have been offered a MiTime RF Pack 2 at a much reduced price. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two ranges and whether the MiTime range has a wireless capability and can be controlled from my phone? Is the MiGenie current range just a redesign of the MiTime range? If the MiTime range is phone controllable, what software does it use?

I have only just joined this site and this is my first post so please let me know if I am in the wrong place.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Sponsored Links
Hi. The mi genie wish 2 pack is what you need.

The mitime doesn't allow internet/phone control

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back