Differences between a Henry Hoover and a Nuvak Hoover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Henry uses TriTex filtration and Nuvak uses permatex filtration. Is one better for industrial cleaning jobs? ie cleaning lead paint so the dust doesn't escape out the hoover?

Sponsored Links
I suspect neither manufacturer will endorse their standard vac for "toxic" dust, certainly Numatic freak out if asbestos is mentioned they sell the HZQ vac for hazardous waste around £500 a pop!
Having said that I have used the Henry for general work (not toxic) and the new cloth type bags are much better than the old paper ones, I hardly ever need to clean the internal cloth filter but before I often found it very dusty with the original paper bags.

No asbestos that I know of ;) it's mainly for hoovering up the bits of scraped off paint and dust that may or may not be lead based, though assuming it is. I'm using a standard henry with hepa-flow cloth bags, though not sure if it's worth getting a Nuvac model as it uses the different filtration system, permatex filtration which may or may not be better for trapping the dust. Yeah the HZQ Hazardous Waste Hepa Filtration Vacs cost a fair bit so not sure what the best solution is :-\

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back