Differences between Megger PAT4 DV and PAT4 DV/3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the differences between the older PAT4 DV and the newer PAT4 DV/3.

I read in a 2003 article somewhere that there were changes to the tests done in the newer model to conform with newer regs. Is this true?

I am considering buying the older model but am wondering if I am wasting my money. Would it seriously affect the way PAT tests are done.

Sponsored Links
hoarenet said:
I read in a 2003 article somewhere that there were changes to the tests done in the newer model to conform with newer regs. Is this true?
I can't imagine why you'd lie about it, so I would say yes.

From what I understand the Megger PAT4DV/3 has some different pass bands which are in line with the IEE "Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment" to that of the PAT4DV.
I think you can pick up a new MK3 one for less than £700 new.

Softus said:
hoarenet said:

Grammar was never my strong point. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
hoarenet said:
Depends if the article was factually correct or not.

tim west said:
Softus said:
hoarenet said:
Depends if the article was factually correct or not.
Firstly it depends on the definition of the word "this".

Not quite with you here, are you suggesting the definition of the word this in that context might mean the poster was lying? I thought you said there was no reason to think they were, unless you are now being ironic? Or am I missing something deeper? ;)

Not ironic, but pedantic. And definitely not deep.

The word "this" was ambiguous - it could refer to whether or not the poster read the article, but he probably meant it to whether or not the article was factually accurate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back