Different render finishes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I rendered the yard walls at my last house using a polyfloat and it worked pretty well - for an accountant :LOL: . I had started out using plastering sand on my previous attempt but switched to builders sand because it seems to have better adhesion.

Moved onto my next house and the yard walls are already rendered, but it’s patchy because bits have fallen off so I want to do some spot repairs.

However, this render has a much smoother finish on it that I had achieved previously with my polyfloat (which was grainy rather than smooth).

Is a smooth render finish achieved which a different float or a different sand/cement mix? Or do I float it off with my polyfloat then smooth it with a plastering trowel?

Sponsored Links
It`s probably a softer sand. Try a few samples. Maybe a white type sand with a pine float and a sponge finish. Sand/cement renders are not usually left off a steel trowel as they have a tendency to crack......especially if curing quick in hot dry conditions.

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back