Differentiated Regional Pay

Why do people want to live in London?
Because 30 minutes from now I will be here, tomorrow evening I will be there, perhaps ending up at this little place.. Oh, and on Wednesday I will be giving this a shot...er the venue, not the bird (sadly). :)

And why is this the case to such an extent that a studio flat can sell for a quarter of a million pounds, yet the same flat in Doncaster would cost £50,000? And WHO THE HELL actually buys a studio flat for £250,000?
Who knows? Someone who requires a pied a terre for those dismal, depressing visits to the capital? Someone else, as a rental investment?

It makes me cringe when I see on telly in films or soaps etc, people announce that they are "moving to London to start a new life." What as? A vagrant?
Yes, I certainly think we should discourage vagrancy.

Sponsored Links
I moved from the midlands down to London and was on the same money and god it was a shock to the system 2000 quid a month rent sharing with 4 of my mates on a house and having to get a 3k loan just for the deposit and then going out and paying 6 quid for a pint i soon got my ass back in the car and came back home!!!

Sponsored Links
Back