Digistat+3 Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Before I go on, I am no electrician or central heating expert so bare with me!

I have a Digistat 1 thermostat (2 button version, not a dial) with the following wiring -
Call - Brown wire
Sat - No Wire
C - Blue wire with red tape rapped round it.

I have just brought a Digistat+3 and am struggling to understand how to wire it. I am assuming the Blue with the red is the main live and that the wiring for the Digistate+3 should be -

C - Blue wire with red tape rapped round it.
On - Brown wire
Off - No wire.

Also, the existing earth cable is just rapped in black tape so I assume that I leave this as is.

I am connecting it to a combi boiler.

Any help would be much appreciated......I work in computers and people say they are complicated......they have nothing compared to electrics!

Sponsored Links
It would have still worked.

Its only a wire going into a switch, and out the other side.

Its just that this is the correct way around that won't confuse anyone else who might work on it in the future.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your answer.....very much appreciated. I will wire it up tomorrow. I assume I need to turn the power off to the boiler wire it up and the power it all back up again.

I am happy taking computers apart but have no confidence when it comes to things like this!

Yes, always switch off fused spur to boiler, and remove fuse.

No nasty surprises!

Whitespirit66,

Just to let you know, I followed your wiring advice and swapped out my thermostat at the weekend. The whole job took about 10 minutes and works a treat.

A BIG thank you for you advice, very much appreciated.

The digistat +3 is a strange one as it seems to be learning the fluctuations in temperature before kicking in. From reading another forum, people have been advised to leave it to do what it wants for 5 days and then it will become better at guessing how quickly rooms heat up. Anyone else had any experience with this thermostat?

Again, many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back