Digistat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 28CDI Combi boiler and at the time it was installed a Digistat CD controller was put in. This has now died a slow death and needs replacing but I cannot find this model and assume it has been superceeded.

Can anyone tell me which controller I can use that does not use wires? (The cheaper the better) and also I am sure the signal reciever is in the boiler so do I need to buy a new one with a new controller???

Apologies if this is a daft question :oops:

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you boiler had a wireless control?

Most wireless controls use coding particular to the model so that you dont control your neighbours boilers as well.

Unless you can get the exact sending unit ( if it really was wireless ) then you will need a matching tx/rx set.

Tony

Call worcester, or you could wait for one of the worcester experts to reply on here.

The transmitter and receiver are 'paired' together when you set up the digistat, by holding a couple of buttons down.

You can get replacements for them still. I have an unused one (for a Celsia-badged CDi boiler) which I'm planning to stick on ebay some time soon. It looks like a very simple job to replace, since they are pluggable units on the front of the boiler with a flying lead to the PCB.

Stupid question perhaps, but have you replaced the batteries in the receiver unit ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

The boiler does have a wireless panel in the front to which the fitter paired the device.

I have had the system about 6 years and the batteries have been replaced several times although it appears the be a connection point problem in the existing digistat in that if you play around with in it will come back to life, trick you into thinking it is working and then die in the night leaving you with no heating in the morning :(

The unit we have is the digistat CD, which I cannot find anywhere. do we think I need to ring Worcester as opposed to buying a different digistat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back