Dilution trap needed????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been to look over a problem in a schools arts departments. The students are washing their pallets and brushes in the class sinks and the maintenance guy is having to clean the traps out each week. He asked if i could fit grease traps to the sinks but i dont think thats what he needs. I have done a bit of looking and i'm wondering if dilution tanks are what's required (all under counter incidentally).

What i'm hoping to acheive is discharge into a 'holding' tank without the requirement for external traps. I have come across sediment tanks beneath counter but they tend to be smelly and so the need for trapping at waste outlet.I have found a dilution trap fitted straight to the waste with 1 gallon capacity, with opaque bowl but they were about $350. Is this what i need you think.
I know that trying to educate the students to wash elsewhere would be the best solution but we've all had a go at that i reckon.

Gotta admit this is a bit new to me as i've not come across this problem so your advice and further/alternative suggestions much appreciated

Regards Steve

Sponsored Links
we normally use large vulcathene bottle traps for arts departments,normally catches brushes etc but easily cleaned.Clay modelling areas normally drop into floor gullys and troughs with removeable sediment filter(wire basket) in the gully.

Lee

thanks Lee. Think i might look at the traps with the glass bowls as i cant get any info on the details of the traps i was looking at. Basically i wanted to do away with the traps and have a pit. pot or bowl that had an integral trap to stop the smells etc. I think the traps you mentioned may be the answer. Just a quick query on Vulcathene. I'm connecting back to usual abs pipe and i know Vulcathene can be converted but is any tooling required with the fittings. I'm talking the mechanical fittings not poly-fusion

Steve

Sponsored Links
the vulc traps are mechanical to the waste pipe,normally we use a roll groover for the washer that comes with the nut, however you probably would get away with out and look at ptfe or rubber seals between trap and pipe.

take up some room but brilliant for the purpose,last ones we did were 48x36x24 belfast sinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back