Dimplex electric fire problem

Sponsored Links
Not sure about that model but they used to have a small fan blade mounted above the light bulb so that the heat rising from the lamp made the blade spin & refracted the light. They used to just get knocked off the pin. It may just need refitting or at most cleaning.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems as if the fan is a roller which runs across the inside base. It's not turning by itself.

Can you spin it with a finger? Does it have a motor on the end of it?

Sponsored Links
Yes, I can spin it with my finger and it looks like it is powered by a motor or electric device.

So when you select flame effect independently of the fire being on, the lamp comes on but the fan does not run, is that correct? Do you have a multimeter & the ability to test voltages?

Yes, the light comes on, I can switch the heat on but the flame effect doesn't work. I'm not an electrician and don't have a multi meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back