Dimplex storage heaters too warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3.4kW Dimplex storage heater in the lounge of a small (stone) terraced cottage. My problem is that even in this pretty cold weather the heater is much warmer than I would expect, especially given that the Temperature and Input controls are both set to minimum. As the cottage is empty at the moment, I only want a gentle background heat to act as frost protection, but the room is very warm.

The units are only 12 months old and were installed professionaly.

Could it be faulty controls, incorrect wiring??? Any suggestions would be welcome from the sparks out there.

Sponsored Links
The dimplex I used had a thermostat which turned it off when hot enough and vents to control the heat output. It would always heat to max heat which of course makes sense as one does not know day to day how much will be used.
However one may be able to reduce the time it is heated for. The ones we had used a large contactor on a time switch and we had access to the switch.
However some houses the on off time is controlled by the supplier.
So it depends how wired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back