Diplomat electric oven door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just acquired an almost new fitted Diplomat electric oven the door of which has become unhinged on one side and I am having great difficulty in getting it back into place. It does say in the instructions that the oven is not to be lifted by the door hinge and I suspect that is in doing this that the hinge on one side has slipped out of position. It is extremely difficult to move the hinge now that it isn't in its correct location - if I could move it I imagine that it would be relatively simple to fit it back. Is anyone able to offer any advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Assume its a drop down door.
You may find on the hinge, either a clip/lever or a hole to put a nail through.
If this is the case remove the door completly, usually by moving the clip or inserting a nail & gently closing the door this will release the hinge.
If you get the door off, just put it back both hinges at the same time.
Hope you can understand that.

Many many thanks. I thought it would be impossible! Thanks to you I did find a couple of clips which hold the hinges once they have been opened. As ever I seem to make relatively simple jobs far more complicated than necessary. Not only was your response of practical value it was also believe it or not very encouraging!

Once again many thanks.
Geoff

Sponsored Links
Suffering the same problem with our oven door, and no idea how to fix it we searched the internet and found this post. At first the solution seemed too simple, but we gave it a go, and it worked! I decided I had to register and post a note to say thank you and for saving me a lot of hours on a Sunday afternoon.

The top oven door at our rental had come off with the hinges not open and could not be persuaded back in.
Saved me hours of pratting about, just a picture pin in each of the holes after pulling the hinge open with the help of a screwdriver, and I was able to finally get the hinges back into the holes, remove the pins and the door was back on.
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Tasked with cleaning the oven while the wife was out, thought would be easier if I took the door off! This post saved me a lot of grief, and such a simple solution!

Many thanks!

Just found your advice on how to reattach our oven door - genius! Been struggling with this for a couple of days. A huge thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back