Dipping toe into painting

The down side of low gun pressure is that the spray is easily disrupted by wind.

That says everything . Bodyshops spend thousands on equipment and booths. I wonder why

Sponsored Links
Spraying out in the open is highly dependant on weather conditions. I would rate today as a brilliant spraying day, and it looks like this:

Met office source
spray-weather.png

Cool temperature, low winds, too early in year for bugs. Shame I am not spraying today.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you got the m5 style caps. The e46 caps comprise thin logo sheets in carppy looking plastic holders. The sheets would blister after a while (I suspect by design because heat blistering shouldn't happen as the wheel usually stay cool). The m5 style is better, and I would really want a set. But I decide not too because it could be treated as a modification.

Oh well that would invalidate your insurance wound't it. This is a paradox / troll thread if there ever was one. Boys and girls it may be amusing to feed the troll but time to leave alone?

Oh well that would invalidate your insurance wound't it.
It's actually worst than that. It invites a claim against you for the cost of the third party. Best bury head in sand and hope the insurer doesn't notice.

Panel 3 to paint is the licence plate backing made from PP-EPDM plastic. There is rattle can paint on it currently. I can get away not painting it, but this will be good training involving priming, base coating, and clear coating. It's 1.75 x 0.5 feet and I estimate 6ml of paint will be enough. This is going to be a long process because I haven't even ordered the primers yet. I wasn't sure of quantities. Now, I have a better idea. 1 litre will cover everything I need to do, with plenty of left over. Total paint cost will be around £100.

panel-3.png

Last edited:
Panel 3 to paint is the licence plate backing made from ABS plastic. There is rattle can paint on it currently. I can get away not painting it, but this will be good training involving priming, base coating, and clear coating. It's 1.75 x 0.5 feet and I estimate 6ml of paint will be enough. This is going to be a long process because I haven't even ordered the primers yet. I wasn't sure of quantities. Now, I have a better idea. 1 litre will cover everything I need to do, with plenty of left over. Total paint cost will be around £100.
1 Teaspoon of paint. ok. Sounds like that will be a good layer of paint

1 Teaspoon of paint. ok. Sounds like that will be a good layer of paint
You are wrong on multiple levels. Low pressure painting means less wasted. According to google:

One teaspoon is equal to approximately 4.929 milliliters, but in nutrition labeling, one teaspoon is equal to exactly 5 milliliters. The teaspoon is a US customary unit of volume. Teaspoons can be abbreviated as tsp, and are also sometimes abbreviated as t, ts, or tspn.

You are wrong on multiple levels. Low pressure painting means less wasted. According to google:

One teaspoon is equal to approximately 4.929 milliliters, but in nutrition labeling, one teaspoon is equal to exactly 5 milliliters. The teaspoon is a US customary unit of volume. Teaspoons can be abbreviated as tsp, and are also sometimes abbreviated as t, ts, or tspn.
Doesn't matter if its 1 or 2 teaspoons. Just think how little paint that is and how thin it will be spread to cover that. That's without overspray .

But you are the expert

or troll?
Yes, to troll you.

Thinner 1L £11.43
Base sample 100ml £15.9
Base 1L £31.92
Primer HS 1L £19.99
Clear coat HS 1L ebay £12.99

Luck £0. The ebay clear is compatible with with my paint on car and in tin. It's crystal clear, but a bugger to polish. It will be very handy for curb rash on alloys also.

Strainer ebay 250 mic x50 £9.95
Strainer china 190 mic x100 free
Strainer china 1xx mic x100 £3.19

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back