Dipping toe into painting

I think that I am going to regret posting in this thread...

As others have said, you need a massive air reservoir to spray. Why not buy a turbine HVLP or an airless sprayer.

I have a Canadian Fuji (turbine) HVLP, it will struggle with emulsion but is great for 2 and 1k paint. At some point I will buy an airless sprayer.

Sponsored Links
Ok, the compressor is in. Filling the tank from empty takes 26 seconds. I'll round this up to 30 seconds. I would be interested to know from people with 25L tanks how long to fill? My motor could do it in under 2 minutes. Is that good or bad, relatively speaking? The outlet pressure gauges show 7 bars, less than spec'ed 8. No water in tank. Noise is loud, say 2x vacuum cleaner, but seems tolerable. There may or may not be after effects for the ears, I could not quite tell but suspect it.

Back in the box it goes. Nothing I can do with it until the slow boat from china arrives.

The conclusion is that the compressor over-powers the rattle can stored energy any day of the week. I expected that already and it is now confirmed.

I like the idea of "dipping toe into painting". Remember as a child my Mum buying Xmas cards with designs/pictures painted by disabled people by foot or mouth at the door every year.

If it all goes wrong for nutter, maybe there's another opportunity for him. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Ok, the compressor is in. Filling the tank from empty takes 26 seconds. I'll round this up to 30 seconds. I would be interested to know from people with 25L tanks how long to fill? My motor could do it in under 2 minutes. Is that good or bad, relatively speaking? The outlet pressure gauges show 7 bars, less than spec'ed 8. No water in tank. Noise is loud, say 2x vacuum cleaner, but seems tolerable. There may or may not be after effects for the ears, I could not quite tell but suspect it.

Back in the box it goes. Nothing I can do with it until the slow boat from china arrives.

The conclusion is that the compressor over-powers the rattle can stored energy any day of the week. I expected that already and it is now confirmed.
There's water in all air that's compressed.

Does yours have a water drain ?

Where do you think the water in the tank will go when you spray ?

Sponsored Links
Back