Dipping toe into painting

You don't always need spraying. I will brush on touch ups, and 2k clear coat for small jobs.

The test pot is in. £15 for this little. OK if used for touch ups. I will do that on all parts of the car and see how close it blends.

View attachment 337666
That’s a low res .png image you’ve taken off a website.

Sponsored Links
That’s a low res .png image you’ve taken off a website.
Here's another low res image showing transfer of paint in preparation for touching up colour test. Mini jam jar gives easier access.

The paint is a bit strange. Every time I open the tin, it spits out paint. I suspect the VOC is producing high pressure. The paint performance is impressive. I can not scrape off quickly dried paint with finger nail. Nor scraping with flathead screwdriver works without destroying whatever the paint is stuck to.

paint-transfer.png

China parts are starting to land. Hose and connector is compactible. The PU hose is very stiff. The internet says PU is flexible. Not too sure about that, I might have to wrestle with it during use.
hose-connector.png

For fan pattern and cfm experimentation, I will use water and water washable cosmetic dye. The initial thinking is a round pattern to resemble rattle cans, and to reduce cfm requirement. If cfm capacity is available, the pattern can then be more elliptical. A small concentrated pattern would need material feed reduction.

At £1.99, amazon beats both ebay and china on the dye.
dye.png

Sponsored Links
I thought ebay was getting fast with refunds, china gone one better. Instant refund with no human intervention! The idiot seller was sending out 100 micron (my estimation) strainers when I ordered 190 and 400. Got all my money back.

refund.png

Low CFM compressor can be used if the gun is right. My compress has 5.7cfm - 33% = 3.8 cfm usable. This is more than what the guy has in the video.

And that's a $500 gun...
he said the gun was 14+ years old ..........looks shiner than a brand new one out of the box

I have every confidence nutjobs $30 chinese knock off will be every bit as a pro Iwata gun :ROFLMAO:

I dunno, search Aliexpress for a LVLP gun.
No, you don't search LVLP gun. You search mini spray gun.

mini-spray-gun.png

Features:
High atomisation with low nozzle air pressure
Saves paint and protects the environment
High quality construction
Better than 75% transfer efficiency with less than 10% psi output pressure
Complies with environmental regulations
Stainless steel nozzle and needle allows for years of trouble free use
Specification:
Gravity Type
Nozzle Size:1.2MM/1.0MM
Operating Pressure: 50-70PSI