Disconnecting Indestit WG1030 heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Indesit WG1030 which I need to run off an inverter. It works OK on the inverter except that the heating element pulls too much power.

Is it possible to disconnect the heater in such a way that the machine 'thinks' the water is warm (I can live with cool washes)?

I would just disconnect the element except that the machine waits for the water to warm up.

On the back of the drum, near the bottom There are two white rectangular objects (one with 3 wires (one of which is connected to the 'neutral' of the element), one with 4wires). I assume they are the thermostats? Can anyone sugest how I can fool it into thinking the water is warm?

The machine has more than one temperature setting (40, 60, etc), but the only temp setting I need to disable is the 40°C one (I don't use the hotter programs).

Thanks

Mab

Sponsored Links
In short no it can't be done , if you disconnect the Heater it will stick on the cycle waiting for temp.

if you disconnect the Heater it will stick on the cycle waiting for temp

That's what I thought; but there must be a way of fooling it into 'thinking' it has reached the right temp. Instead of disconnecting the element alone, I was thinking of maybe bypassing or shorting a temp sensor / stat which signals that the temp has been reached?

But I could do with a wiring diagram rather than fiddling around with guesswork. :confused:

thx

mabx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back