Discontinued boiler part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Eclipse ESS boiler which needs a new wiring harness. I have cover for my boiler through Scottish Gas. They have told me the wiring harness is no longer available from the manufacturer so I will need to get a new boiler. I just wondered if it is possible to get the part from somewhere else e.g Ebay and if Scottish Gas would allow me to do this as I then wouldn't need to buy a whole boiler.

Sponsored Links
If you obtained a wiring harness I'm sure Scottish Power would NOT fit it.Youd be better off getting an independent gas installer to do it.On the other hand perhaps you may be better off getting a HE boiler because by the time you've obtained the harness and paid an installer you'd have been better putting it towards the cost of a new boiler.
Your call............... :LOL:

It could be that Scottish Gas just do not stock it.

Your nearest Vokera spares stockist is probably

Parts Center
Unit 7-8 Henderson Road
Longman Industrial Estate
Inverness
IV1 1SN

Phone: 01463 250151

Give them a phone and they will be able to confirm if it is unobtainable.

You could also call Vokera direct and see what they say.

The question that comes to my mind is why has the harness apparently failed? Passive wires dont fail unless mechanically damaged or heat has been applied to them.

Those insurance schemes dont have any incentive to repair boilers and sometimes the company or their staff are trying to get you to spend on a new boiler when the existing one could be repaired.

An independent would be able to consider fitting a recovered part if you found one but not all would do that.

I am not convinced it needs replacing yet. It may just be that one wire needs re- terminating in a spade connection or a very simple repair like that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="1523759 said:
Passive wires dont fail unless mechanically damaged or heat has been applied to them.

have yet to find a wire which carries an electrical current which doesn't have heat applied by that very action!

Bg / Sg will fit the part if you obtain it as long as it's new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back