Vokera Boiler Spare Parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Vokera SE28 in November 2007 and I had to get an engineer to it recently because of a fault. Apparently the type I have has a combined ignition board & pcb board and was a hybrid style.

Vokera are advising that this part is no longer made and I will have to replace it with 2 separate boards which will cost almost as much as I paid for the boiler itself.

Can anyone advise of the legal requirements for boiler manufacturers to guarantee part availability? Is there a set period for this after they stop manufacturing the boiler?

Sponsored Links
There is no legal period. We expect spares availability for 10 years.

They do have parts which do the job though.

Its normal for parts to be very expensive compared with a new boiler.

A fixed price repair by British Gas is the usual solution.

Tony

There is no legal period. We expect spares availability for 10 years.

They do have parts which do the job though.

Its normal for parts to be very expensive compared with a new boiler.

A fixed price repair by British Gas is the usual solution.

Tony

presumably by one of their junior engineers?

OP, you will have to be careful if you are using BG in this instance. some areas will not give a FPR for very expensive parts, others will. the only way to find out is to make an appointment and see what happens.

Nickso ,see Tony has learnt something send jobs to British Gas when the needs be .Hows your renault headlight tony

Sponsored Links
OP, you will have to be careful if you are using BG in this instance. some areas will not give a FPR for very expensive parts, others will. the only way to find out is to make an appointment and see what happens.

if they refuse to repair it because its too expensive then you should complain and tell them you'll contact trading standards. They can't offer a fixed price repair and then just turn down the once that are a bit pricey.

if they refuse to repair it because its too expensive then you should complain and tell them you'll contact trading standards. They can't offer a fixed price repair and then just turn down the once that are a bit pricey.

you will probably find they can. i've no doubt there will be a clause about uneconomical to repair or somesuch.

Nickso ,see Tony has learnt something send jobs to British Gas when the needs be .Hows your renault headlight tony

ah but this is the way of the tony, and has been for several years. bad mouth BG in one thread but recommend them in the next. he contradicts himself every day.

I have always recommended BG fixed price repairs when its to the advantage of a customer or on a forum. But timing has to be taken into account and I usually get there well before BG could even if their engineer was parked in the same road eating sandwiches.

As for cars look in the car forum as it would be off topic here.

Tony

I have always recommended BG fixed price repairs when its to the advantage of a customer or on a forum. But timing has to be taken into account and I usually get there well before BG could even if their engineer was parked in the same road eating sandwiches.

As for cars look in the car forum as it would be off topic here.

Tony

so you are happy to recommend a company that employ only "junior" engineers and, by your own frequent nonsense postings on the issue, can't actually fix anything? thats assuming they don't bother taking their lunch of course. :rolleyes: i assume you never take lunch glazier?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back