Disgusting article from the telegraph

What he says is the repugnant word of Lucifer. He will burn in hell along with all of his followers.
Ahhh Trollmaster2000 must be a Jehovah's Witness. I reckon he's the one who knocks on my door every Sunday at 8:30 am (getting me out of bed), then when I answer the door, he says "Isn't the world a sad place today." Then I say "Yes it is." and close the door. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
anyone who buys clothes from the majority of British shops or electronics such as Ipods , or training shoes or anything made from Indian cotton is effectively supporting modern slavery and the exploitation of children
in the 3rd world

His foundation's 'mission statement' says it is on a "quest to overcome religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and suffering." Aye well words are nowt if people are suffering sunshine so if you REALLY believe in what you're preaching, get off your backside and go and do something about it.

Like him or not, he has a world wide audience, so he's doing far more to spread his beliefs as he is than he would be if he were "on the ground" somewhere.
'Spreading your beliefs' is one thing, acting on them is another.

Sponsored Links
He is acting on them, not in the way that you want him to perhaps. But a lot more effectively.

Blasphemous said:
Aye well words are nowt if people are suffering sunshine so if you REALLY believe in what you're preaching, get off your backside and go and do something about it.

Absolutely right and, oddly enough, I suspect that's exactly what Jesus would have done!

Blasphemous said:
Aye well words are nowt if people are suffering sunshine so if you REALLY believe in what you're preaching, get off your backside and go and do something about it.

Absolutely right and, oddly enough, I suspect that's exactly what Jesus would have done!

nah, if he was here now he'd be too busy trying to get the yids to let him in to jerusalem to do anything else.

He is acting on them, not in the way that you want him to perhaps. But a lot more effectively.
More 'effectively' how? I see no evidence that his preachings have brought about any less religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and/or suffering.

Also, if his ancestors were involved in the slave trade, then they were involved, why does that make this article in the Telegraph 'disgusting'?

Also, if his ancestors were involved in the slave trade, then they were involved, why does that make this article in the Telegraph 'disgusting'?

I would say...because of the way it's written, as though that somehow demeans him or his beliefs.

I would say...because of the way it's written, as though that somehow demeans him or his beliefs.
Well if that's what you believe then you're perfectly entitled to your belief. As I've stated previously, we're all entitled to our beliefs. Dawkins would of course prefer we all believe his. I find his preaching more than a little ironic.

You didn't say 'how' you think he's being more 'effective'.

His foundation's 'mission statement' says it is on a "quest to overcome religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and suffering." Aye well words are nowt if people are suffering sunshine so if you REALLY believe in what you're preaching, get off your backside and go and do something about it.
Like him or not, he has a world wide audience, so he's doing far more to spread his beliefs as he is than he would be if he were "on the ground" somewhere.

And I replied:
More 'effectively' how? I see no evidence that his preachings have brought about any less religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and/or suffering.
I've still to see where, how, when his preachings have brought about ANY lessening. 'Preaching' something doesn't mean it comes true. If he believes in what he's preaching he should have the courage of his convictions and get out to the countries that are torturing people in the name of religion and campaign THERE. He won't, he hasn't got the balls.

I give him a bit more credit for his intelligence than you do.
Intelligent people realise that the best way to change endemic belief systems is gradually, over time, with logical persuasion, Which is exactly what he is endeavouring to do.
Now, instead of trying to attack him personally based on your stupid belief that he should be somewhere martyring himself, how about showing us some flaws in his arguments.

Sponsored Links
Back