Dishwaher / Washing machine wastes....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher waste runs into a juction just below the sink plughole before the U-bend, and this is joined a bit later on by the washing machine waste too. The sink never seems to drain properly, even though I am absolutely certain that the pipes are clear, and when the dishwasher is on it occasionally bubbles up through the sink plughole - in fact my wife accused me of having been sick in the sink on the first few occasions that it happened....

The washing machine is OK at the moment, but in the eraly days, if I had its flexible waste hose pushed too far down into the drain then the outlet valves on the washing machine seemed to stick open, causing the machine to never fill as the water just pumped straight through.

It all feels like a great big airlock, but I don't know what to do about it. Any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Those sink wastes always do that I'm afraid (para 1)

The constant-draining is cos the exhaust pipe doesn't go high enough before it goes down(the drain) , or it's syphoning and needs an air inlet/anti syphon valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back