Dishwasher and using all in one tablets query

My last dishwasher a Bosch was replaced in 2021 at 22 years old, it had had a few repairs in its time but nothing major but I put its long life down to first wiping off food with a tissue and then partly rinsing off stuff before it go's in the dishwasher. I once had to clean out the matrix maze of tubes that are made from two pressed sheets of plastic as it was still gundged up with grease stopping the proper flow but that was at about 15 years old.
I figured its cheaper for some paper towel and a bit of water to rinse than it is to buy a new dishwasher or pay for a repair.

Sponsored Links
So you put down longevity to using it correctly , can’t see any query about tablets , is the post incomplete?

The engineer was sent from Smeg (albeit I assume he was a subcontractor). The instructions naturally say to use salt as it softens the water. But the engineer was saying the salt in the all-in-one tabs is enough and adding salt and using all-in-ones causes too much salt in the water during a cycle.

Water softeners do not add salt to the water.

It is understandable that there are some people who don't know that

But not if they are paid to service dishwashers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back