Dishwasher door hinge holes - problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've looked everywhere for an answer...please help!

I have a fully integrated dishwasher and need to attach the matching kitchen door, however, my kitchen supplier can only supply a door with the hinge holes pre drilled on them.

Typically one of the hinge holes is where I need to attach a plastic plug which would slot into the dishwasher front.

I've heard that you can get wooden/plastic 'plugs/bungs' that you can glue in the hole and then drill into....I can't find them anywhere.
If I have to buy a drill cutter bit to make it myself that's going to cost a lot more than a 'plug/bung'.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Wood glue and match sticks, poke into glue and insert. Leaving proud, insert more until no more can be inserted.
Let dry, nip off the excess with a chisel.

Job done.

Doh, assumed ( Fatal error) it might be the drill holes.

What is the diameter of the holes, most timber merchants sell dowels from 3mm to 40 mm off the shelf. You just might have to buy half a meter.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for your replies- the diameter is 3.5cm.

I might see if I can find someone with a hole saw and get them to cut me a bit, if not a length of dowel it is!

Door should have only two holes, which you will need for hinges, other side should be blank, which is where the buffer plug sits.

Perhaps you could fill it with car body filler or Epoxy resin they could be fixed into and the filler will not be seen once the door is on.
teabreak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back