Dishwasher flooding problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my disshwasher keeps flooding. Everytime I call the professional out he just unfloods it and then it starts working again and lo and behold after a week or two just floods. It makes aa funny noise like its blocked and there is only this little squirt of water coming out. I pay the man ten pounds everytime he calls out which is cheap but I want my washer fixed. any clues?

Sponsored Links
Everytime I call the professional out I pay the man ten pounds everytime he calls out which is cheap but I want my washer fixed. any clues?

10 Pounds??? How many times have you paid him? Perhaps enough to get a real engineer out to it?

Never mind. What's the make and model? What happens and are there any error codes/flashing lights?

I have probably paid the guy about 50 quid in total so far. Its a bosch dishwasher dunno what model it is. There is no flashing lights or warnings etc. It just sounds like darkvader when you open it. The guy cant seem to see what is wrong with it. When it happened recently it flooded all underneath the cupboards and was dripping for a while so I had to put a sponge underneath it to soak it up. When it first happened a few years ago a different guy came out and he also couldnt find a problem although he did leave a tea towel stuck in it. ;) Jokes aside but this is really starting to annoy me and I REALLY HATE WASHING DISHES!!!

Model is etched along the top edge of the door.
In general, it shouldn't flood like that. Unless it's a really old machine it should shut the water supply off and pump out the machine long before it overflows the base.
Once I've got the model number I'll be able to check what should happen.

Sponsored Links
Most likely blockages in the metering tank and transfer hoses. The transfer hose being partially blocked can cause the problem you are suffering from.

So where do I find that or do I need an engineer out to fix it. Thanks for the advice by the way!! :D

Metering tank is on the side of the dishwasher, transfer hose is near the front at the bottom of the metering tank going to the sump of the dishwasher.

:confused: Whaa lol! and where abouts do i find that. Its an integrated dishwasher. I cant see anyfing at the side!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back