Dishwasher next to plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey.

We're considering buying a side vented dishwasher that's going next to a plasterboard wall. I'm worried that over time the hot most air might rot the plasterboard. Am I being over cautious??

TIA

Sponsored Links
Cement Boards are more typically used in damp areas (showers etc) to help alleviate this problem.

Chip board work tops are typically damaged by the steam from opening the doors on dishwashers (wood swelling). To counter this you usually get a metal plate or sticky backed plastic or foil sheet to put under the worktop at the front edge to prevent water soaking in. I have seen this method used to line the sides of the cavity as well to help protect the cabinets etc.

The instructions will also give you minimum clearances etc and if you need vents to allow moisture to escape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back