disq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
was on recently asking about qualifications etc...
just passed 2381 and eal level 2 (part p 17 unit thingy) have been working for last 12 years on building sites as electrician/elec mate and would like to soon start working for myself on domestic properties,i am very confident that i can do this ,but obviously need 2391 as well.
am i right in thinking that once i have 2381,2391 and disq course i can legally carry out work on domestic properties?
I know i should also get 2330 and nvq level 3 to become "an electrician" but can i work on domestic properties until this time?
My problem is that for years Ive worked for companies that literally threw the work in and basically used my enthusiasm to make s**tloads of cash.Now im finding it hard(rightly so)to get decent work,so can anyone offer any advice as to which road to take?
please advise me wisely as my savings are running out!

Sponsored Links
To be become a member of a self certification scheme such as NICEIC you do not need 2391, some may require it but NICEIC do not, they favour an inspection where they get you to prove your competent at testing.

http://www.niceic.org.uk/partp/partprequire.html

You are required to have a major and a minor job that they can inspect, and then they will you have do a full set of tests and ask you questions etc.

You also need PL insurance and a full set of test equipment. Assuming you have those things and pass their inspection and have paid their fee, your in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back