Distance from cooker hood outlet to boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

Just asking about the current regs/ guidance concerning minimum distances between extractor outlets and boiler flues.

I have a cooker hood which is currently set to recirculate but I intend to convert it to extraction, and the outlet would be on a gable wall about 3 feet from the boiler flue in a horizontal plane and 3 feet vertically. Would that be OK?

I've found older posts that mention a minimum 12 inches, but just wanted to confirm current guidance before I go ahead and create the outlet.

Sponsored Links
300mm would be the rule of thumb for a flue from a vent but a check of the boiler MI would clarify what your situation requires or your GSR engineer

As per @Madrab - your boiler installation manual will give the correct guidance or your gas safe engineer. Do you know what type of boiler is currently installed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks both.

The boiler is an Ideal Logic which was installed 8 months ago, and judging by your responses there's unlikely to be any problem with proximity to the extractor outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back