Disused drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I allowed to fill in a disused drain that takes gutter water from a small section of roof. I have rerouted drainpipe. The drain in question in on a path at side of house. It is only 1.5m from a main inspection cover.
My slight concern is 'gases build up' however there are two in use drains at front of property 3-5m away. Actually if there is a u bend in these drains my comment about gases is irrelevant.
I would fill in with a light breeze block then cement, so that if the drain was ever required in future it would be relatively easy to Re reveal
Does this sound OK?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Down pipes (aka RWP's) are supposed to discharge into trapped gullies - precisely because of sewer gases and rodents.

Abandoned lines from man holes should be solid filled from the manhole outlet for the full length of the drain.
Typically, semi-dry concrete is used.

Just looked up trapped gullies. Yes I woukd assume there is a u bend. Its an ex council house from 50s or 60s.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back