Diverter Valve leaking on Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831 boiler

Gorguruga I think your best bet is to see if Steel is local enough to do it for you, he's a bit of an expert on these sh*tboxes ;)

Call him for a price then tell him that you won't pay more than £60 labour for it - works everytime!! (y)

Lol.. Might have to give that a go but I'm in London and I don't think he's close by. Plus he'll probably charge me double for asking foolish questions.

Sponsored Links
"gunge, rust like it's 20 years old but as you look upwards at the rest of the boiler, it looks like almost new. There's a pipe also which looks clean and new as it extends to the top of the boiler, but looks really old and limescaled up at the bottom."

Sounds like the chrome gas pipe is corroding and this is usually caused by condensate leaking into boiler, check the plastic corrugated pipe, usually holes where it touches the hot coper flow pipe, I have seen the gas pipe corrode through and leak gas, get a fixed price repair from BG or vaillant, they'll fix all faults for less than £250

Thanks for the info Wull, I'll most probably try to book an engineer tomorrow.

Hey fellow aspiring plumbers, are my eyes deceiving me or does this installation guide have everything else but how to change the Diverter Valve?
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/ecotec-installation-servicing-2009-261448.pdf

12131id.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back