Diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a main combi 24 he, im having a problem with the hot water being Luke warm. I noticed this morning whilst trying to get hot water that the rads were getting hot. Would I be correct in saying it could possibly be the diverter valve? I have looked on the internet and I can pick up a kit to replace the diaphragm. Can someone tell me if this job can be done by a handyman or only skilled engineer. Thanks dave

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a main combi 24 he, im having a problem with the hot water being Luke warm. I noticed this morning whilst trying to get hot water that the rads were getting hot. Would I be correct in saying it could possibly be the diverter valve? I have looked on the internet and I can pick up a kit to replace the diaphragm. Can someone tell me if this job can be done by a handyman or only skilled engineer. Thanks dave
Anyone can do it.

Hi

Technically speaking it should only be done by a gas Safe engineer but it's up to you.

Sponsored Links
If its your own boiler,crack on.

Only if you consider your self to be competent and under no circumstances are you allowed to open the combustion chamber unless GasSafe registered.

I understand working on the diverter should not entail this but it may depend where it is situated.

Nothing to stop you doing it, but if you have not selected CH and you run a tap and the boiler fires but the rads are heating you will need the full valve service kit not just the DHW diaphragm

Only if you consider your self to be competent and under no circumstances are you allowed to open the combustion chamber unless GasSafe registered.

I understand working on the diverter should not entail this but it may depend where it is situated.
Nothing will stop them poking around,,especially on own boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back