DIY CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have come accross this web site selling complete central heating systems (www.mrcentralheating.com) I'm wanting to put central heating into my house (2 bed mid terrace) and have worked out that i would require 7 radiators and i would need to upgrade the boiler with in this package, to a Glowworm 30 CXI HE 100000 BTU. So over all the package is one thousand and nine pound (sorry my keyboard is set to USA can't find pound sign) basically will i need anything else other than what is on offer in this package and is this a good deal? I know i will need to get a corgi reg fitter to connect to the boiler and am i ok to run the pipes in? As you prob guess budget is not big.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks for reading this essay!!!

Chris.

Sponsored Links
100000btu sounds alot for a 7 rad system

Ignore twgas you will need that size boiler for the hot water delivery..

You will need fittings ,clips, flux ,solder, inhibitor, roomstat , clock,cable ,flex filling loop etc. etc so add another couple of hundred for bits and bob`s .People will also tell you glow worm is a ****e boiler. The finish on the rads is bad ok for rented but if own house i could not live with them. the TRVs are cheap and nasty same as the lock shield valves and won`t last long before they leak and seize.. Also you may struggle to get someone to fit on labour only

thanks for the replys, Still sounds pretty cheap even with ****s and bits. Was hoping to get it installed for about 600 quid
I shall let you know how i get on.

Ps i"m going to use plastic pipes and connections!!!!

Sponsored Links
£600 £600 no chance you want a corgi reg fitter to come along connect up your pipework and then put his name to it being sound ,i wouldnt and i dont think many will but good luck maybe your local polish fitter will do it

Personally I would go to a local plumbing supplies outlet as you can see what you are actually getting. From the quick browse of that site it doesn't show you the package, so you have no idea as to the style of rads or the qulaity of the fittings. By way of a comparison, I've just purchased 5 Quinn roll top rads (two were 320 x 1200 doubles at £100 each), 10mts of 22mm and 15mtr of 15mm copper + a bunch of ffittings(most of which I've probably over-ordered and will end up taking back as agreed with the retailer) - This lot came to just under £750. If you add the cost of a boiler then you would be looking at £1500 ish

The other thing you man need to aqdadd the list is a change of hot water cylinder. If your house has no heating then this may not be an indirect tank. If you opt for a combi boiler then this can be ommommittedtogether.

Hope this helps

Malc

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLY'S, NOW I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THE BEST. BUDGET IS MY MAIN PROBLEM AND I WAS THINKING THE OFFER ON THE SITE WAS GOOD, I TAKE YOUR POINT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE QUALITY OF THE RADIATOR'S ARE, BUT IS A RADIATOR NOT A RADIATOR???
I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR COMMENTS,
THANKS.

It is indeed. At least, that's unless it's a radiator c/w manufacturing metal swarf or until it becomes a pin-holed radiator or even one with bubbling paintwork.

"There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey" John Ruskin 1819-1900

And if it was true in John Ruskin's day, oh boy, is it true today!

Whilst I agree a radiator is a radiator, and they all work in the same way, but not only is there the quality of manufacturing as commented on by Nixt, but a question of style. As there is no image you may find that when you get them they look awful in the room.

Always get rads where the bleeding screw fits in a plug in stead of directly into the rad

I think that B&Q have a much cheaper package than that! I think I saw £599 in a special offer reduced from £799.

Tony

HAD A LOOK AT B&Q COULDN'T FIND ANY PACKS ONLINE. JUST RECEIVED A EMAIL FROM MRCENTRALHEATING,THE RADIATORS ARE Ardent HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS MAKE ?

HAD A LOOK AT B&Q COULDN'T FIND ANY PACKS ONLINE. JUST RECEIVED A EMAIL FROM MRCENTRALHEATING,THE RADIATORS ARE Ardent HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS MAKE ?

Didn't they record 'Hold your head up' and 'God gave rock n' roll to you'.

...... Oh sorry that was Argent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back