DIY removal and installation of radiators

S

sentinal73

Hi, before i get jumped on, i'm new to the forum.

I'm planning on replacing my whole of my central heating system.

I currently have a regular boiler with hot water cylinder which i am planning on replacing with a combi boiler. I dont use a huge amount of hot water due to having an electric shower.

i'd like to remove all the old central heating and fit the wet side myself. I have to re-route most of the pipes and also re-route most of the hot and cold water supplies.

Then have a central heating fitter to supply and install the boiler up to the wet side, and commision the whole CH system.

My questions are what steps should i take?

1) Get a corgi guy to discomission the old boiler before i remove it
2) fit the new wet system
3) have a central heating guy to supply, fit and commission a new system.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Depends how confident you are with your plumbing abilities and your available budget!

If money's no problem go with 3 as everything will be under warranty and will be sized correctly.

1 is a must as you will need the gas supply to the old boiler cut and capped correctly and safely before anything else.

If you are confident with your ability and want to save a few hundred pounds then go with 1 and 2.

thanks, not sure if i made myself clear, sorry!

i was asking is that the steps to take, 1-2-3, yes i am a competant DIYer, am confident with installing the wet system myself. plus am on a tight budget so rather do as much as possibly to save a few pennies :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back