DIY replacement of lean to poly carbonate conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a lean to Everlite Enduro which has sagged and is now leaking between the panels. The size is 4600mm wide and 2370mm projection from the house wall. The end caps were broken and the bars had slipped. I ordered end caps but the panels ends have become very brittle.
I was planning to use 25mm multi wall Poly carbonate sheets to replace it.
I was planning to use self support glazing bars for the poly carbonate & had a few questions:
1. What size poly carbonate sheets can I use without them sagging & how many glazing bars do I need (based in Hampshire so don't get much snow).
2. It's south facing so is it better to use Opal or is Bronze/Marlon st blue better. I thought that bronze would cut out too much light.
3. Can I reuse the pre-existing wall end plate, lead flashing, eaves beam & guttering attachments as they all are in good condition.
4. Everlite panels are 60mm thick but new panels are 25mm, will that be a problem.
5. Any recommendations for suppliers/brands.
Sorry for the long post.
Thanks,
Adi

Sponsored Links
6 sheets at 760 ish wide. Use 35mm Brett opal poly. Yes use existing plates and lead but new bars will be almost 4 inch high make sure lead isn't too low.

Google the plastics depot birmingham cheapest on the planet for 35mm poly deliver anywhere.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back