DIY SOS this week.

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww NASTY!

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to be vegetarian!!!

Sponsored Links
That isn't necessary - it is also an option to simply not buy crap meat products....

I've been vegetarian since I was about 14...so 11 years now, and I never really liked meat before so I've never been tempted, ever. Nobody ever told you they put lips and eyes in things when you were little!!! :rolleyes:

minxlj said:
I've been vegetarian since I was about 14...so 11 years now, and I never really liked meat before so I've never been tempted, ever. Nobody ever told you they put lips and eyes in things when you were little!!! :rolleyes:
Would it have made any difference? They told you boys were made from frogs and snails and puppy-dogs tails..... ;)

Sponsored Links
Vegetarianism is a valid life choice, and leaves more yummy meat for us omnivores to eat. :D

Only difficulty I have had with veggies is when you do a barbecue and you spend so much time making sure that meat juices don't drip onto their portabello mushroom. And you have to make sure that you aren't using the same tongs for meat and veg etc.

Saying that, I know several vegetarians and they are all nice people, quite clean too. None of them have ever daubed "Meat is murder" across my back wall in fake blood, nor have they ever set fire to my extensive range of fur coats. Even though they know I am a keen badger baiter on the weekends (only when the fox hunt is called off, mind).

(Hopefully anyone who reads this has a sense of irony)

Vegetarians? I couldn't bring myself to eat one of those. It's the way they look at you, all innocent :eek:

What IS a '1G shaver socket', anyway ...........?

a shaver socket on a 1 gang plate without isolating transformer

Ah. I have a striplight (the sort that goes over a mirror) with a shaver socket - it's in the shed somewhere, it's not installed. How can I tell whether that has an isolated output? If it hasn't, presumably better in the bin?

if its dual voltage it is almost certainly an isolated type

non isolated types are fine provided they are not in bathrooms

You'll know it's isolated cos it's heavy - has a tx in the back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back