Do all electricians put rubbish under flooring?

Sponsored Links
found a colletion of 'jazz' mags from 1984 only the other day in our attic. We've only been here 3 years. All I can say is "hairstyles" have changed a fair bit. Iv'e kept them just in case our internet ever goes down!!

It was also quite poignant to think I was taking up boards using the same cuts and screws that my old dad had done more than 30 years before.
Funny how little things can suddenly catch you, isn't it.... :(

Sponsored Links
Just had a sparks around to do a bit of work and when he finished he actually asked me where the hoover was so he could clear up after himself! I was so surprised I told him not to bother!

Just had a sparks around to do a bit of work and when he finished he actually asked me where the hoover was so he could clear up after himself! I was so surprised I told him not to bother!

That was his way to prove the sockets worked............

In one of our previous houses we had a plasterer in. At the end of the job he showed us the room and said, " give it a couple of days to dry out."

The end of the week I went in to clean up and was surprised to see it was spotless. :eek: Turned round to look in the alcove behind the door and found a mountain of rubbish! :evil:

Feeling angry I started to shift it. Guess what I found underneath it all?
His tool bag with all his tools in!

Still got them to this day, regarded it as payment for all the crap he left out of sight! Don't know how he did his next job! :LOL:

Not sure but if you are not registered as a waste carrier you can be fined for taking the rubbish away.

If you have had work done in your home and are left with a mound of rubble you can take it to your local council tip/recycle centre. You don't have to be registered but obviously if you are going every week with a van load the tip lads might get suspicious. ;)

Most Civic Amenity Sites won't accept any vans, even if it really is your own domestic rubbish.

I use a 3.5T works open back lorry and have no problem.
Mind you I am usually dumping timber/garden waste/paving flags and the van has electrical signage so maybe that helps.

Oh well - I guess up there it's all one big Civic Amenity Site anyway.

(Joke)

Round here anything other than a private car is classed as trade waste, and you pay. Even if it's really obviously not trade waste - e.g. a butcher taking grass cuttings in his van.

Looks like I got away lightly, then:

I took a hired 7.5 tonner to Mrs Secure's local tip in 1999 (she lived in SW4) and got rid of a load of rubbish - they never copped us!

Round these parts they are introducing a permit system if you want to take stuff to the dump in a van/trailer. Apparently householders will get one no hassle but they need to apply and be 'vetted'. You can even take asbestos as a householder at no additional charge but they need to be told in advance and it has to be double wrapped.

I don't mind taking reasonable amounts of builders' leftovers down the dump in the back of me car as I know it could cost them to dispose of it, however they need to pass those savings to me.

I took 3 rooms full of laminate flooring to the local dump this week, but as my car has died it was in the householders car with her driving, so it was no problem. :D

Clearing out my own loft a few years ago I got accused of dumping trade waste because it was all electrical stuff, old transformers & coils & it had a letter for a cb repair done years ago in it.

As it was a jumped up git after I had dumped it all in the container I just told em to sue me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back